Experienced Land Surveyors and Planners Subdividing in Historic Laurel, MD.
Laurel, Maryland is located in northern Prince George’s County between Washington D.C. and Baltimore. Laurel was incorporated as a town in 1870. By 1899, the seven-time mayor Edward Phelps successfully constructed the first high school in Prince George’s County. In 1911 the famous Laurel Park Racecourse was opened and is still in operation today.
The reason for the project was to subdivide the 2.4 acre parcel into two lots. The parcel was divided to separate the existing historical dwelling from the church. Lot One was used for the First Assembly of God, which is now known as “Lifehouse Church”. Lot Two now contains the remains of the parcel including the historical dwelling and a second dwelling in the rear next to the parking lot.
For more interesting facts about the City of Laurel visit the City of Laurel, Maryland website.